AFFORDABLE CREATIVE RETREATS AT STRANGE HQ
CREATIVE SUMMER RETREATS AT STRANGE HQ
We are now offering discounted stays for creative practitioners looking to work, play, and unwind in a tranquil, internet-infused setting in the Catskills for at least five nights. This is an opportunity to rent one of our fully equipped, private, and inspiring spaces—either Studio House, Lily Cabin, or the larger Barn Workspace + Loft—for yourself, your family, or a group of collaborators. We also offer sliding-scale community rates for on-mission orgs planning group retreats.
Discounted retreats are open to anyone in need of an affordable, creatively nourishing escape, who plans to use the time and space productively and respectfully.
Our transparent format for discounted retreats:
- All weekday stays are just $40 per night for one person, and an extra +$20 per weeknight for each additional guest (for example, two people would be $60 per weeknight, three would be $80 per weeknight, etc).
- Weekend rates (Fri + Sat nights) are a flat fee per accommodation, no matter the number of people. See below for detailed rate info.
- In order to keep it sustainable for us, we ask that you book a minimum of five nights total (with the exception of our barn space), with a weekend as part of your stay. Longer stays are also possible—use this form to enquire about your ideal length of stay.
- Cleaning fees apply; however, we can alternatively offer "cooperative"-style retreats, where we wave the cleaning fee in exchange for guests bringing their own linens and cleaning their space prior to departure.
- Bookings will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- We require a 50% deposit to hold your retreat dates; the second 50% may be paid upon arrival.
SUMMER RETREAT ACCOMMODATIONS
Lily of the Valley Cabin
- Our largest guest house, Lily Cabin sleeps up to three people in one queen bed and one couch (or twin-sized air mattress).
- Building features a fully equipped kitchen, large airy bathroom with clawfoot tub and washer/dryer, huge upstairs bedroom with library and desk space, a wrap-around porch, meditation garden, and views over the spring-fed pond.
Price: $400 per weekend; + $40 per weeknight; additional $20 per weeknight per person, for up to two additional guests (max. 3 guests total); $75 cleaning fee.
Artist's Studio House
- Our cozier guest house, Studio House sleeps two people in one queen bed.
- Cottage features a fully equipped kitchen, bathroom with spa shower, light-filled living and dining area with a desk space, lots of colorful art, and a stream that trickles by outside.
Price: $300 per weekend; $40 per weeknight; additional $20 per weeknight per person, for up to one additional guest (max. 2 guests total); $75 cleaning fee.
Barn Workspace and Loft
- Our largest space, the barn sleeps up to eight people in a sleeping loft furnished with one king bed, two double beds, and one comfortable pull-out couch.
- Barn features three-story facade of antique windows, a large farm table, ample desk and couch space, a small but fully equipped kitchen, a bathroom with clawfoot tub, and plenty of art, books, plants, and sunlight.
Price: $750 per weekend; $40 per weeknight; additional $20 per weeknight per person, for up to seven additional guests (8 guests total); $150 cleaning fee.